Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Girls! Girls! Girls!

I am the lucky mother of three beautiful, sweet, sassy, stubborn, strong, dramatic, fun little girls. And one very patient, kind, gentle, smart boy! I found myself telling him a story last night….

When I was a young girl, I was stubborn and strong willed. {Okay, WAS may be inaccurate!} I don’t really remember what I was like when I was little, but I do certainly know that I was not a fun teenager! To put it bluntly, I put my poor mother through hell. So, I was laughing as I told Buddy that God is probably rolling with hearty laughter as He looks down at me as I attempt to mother my three beautiful little ladies!

To be honest, having a boy was easy. At first, I was scared to think of raising a boy, but I very quickly realized that what you see is what you get! When we found out that Peanut was a girl, I seriously freaked out. I called my Aunt, who in my opinion has raised 3 amazing young women, and peppered her with a million questions! Wise woman that she is, she very calmly put me at ease. However, as time has passed and my girls are beginning to turn into young women, I am starkly reminded why I was gripped with a sense of sheer terror! {Smile}

I had the amazing opportunity this past weekend to speak to some young ladies at our church. The topic was sex. Yep, that’s right! And they got to ask me questions – completely open, honest questions. In preparing for that day, I knew I needed to do some major research {and Prayer!} and that I had better know what to say! Let me tell you, Moms or Dads or whoever, nothing puts the fear of God into you like doing research on sex and today’s teens!! {We are going to leave that topic for another day!} All I could think about was my three sweet, innocent, but growing-up-too-fast little girls. And as fearful as I was, I remembered something really important. As hard as He may be laughing, He not only gave them to me, but He gave ME to THEM. He has a purpose and a plan for each of our kids that would be impossible without the “perfect” imperfect parents that we are. I know I’m sort of stating the obvious, but sometimes we just need to be reminded….God gave us our kids because we are the perfect Moms and Dads to fulfill the purposes and plans that He has for them! No one else could do your job better!


The sassy Squirt

Our daring, fearless Peanut

The always energetic Bug


Little man, Buddy


1 comment: